Vagator (Disco Valley)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Vagator
April 12th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Vagator



Further up the coast, we found the infamous Vagator...made famous in the sixties and seventies by party mad hippies who trail blazed the party scene.
Some of these original travelers seem never to have left, and could be seen driving Enfields dreadlocks and tattoos blowing in the wind!! Very Shanti!
The boys headed off on a few nighttime missions, and certainly found the party, but not quite the all night raves they were expecting.

The beach, as always was lovely, and the stay was made so much more fun by Guy hiring a scooter so we too could pose as we explored the local area. GP and I took it in turns as pillion, putting Guy's new biped skills to the test...we all still have our limbs in tact!!
Another highlight was a trip to the massive Anjuna Flea Market.... car boot on steroids...selling every kind of Indian and Tibetan craft, jewelry, and clothing.

GP was particularly taken with the snake charmer.. and managed several minutes sitting within striking distance of a rather feisty cobra before retreating to the safety of the beach bar for a well earned beer... well done GP!!

The town was a Portuguese enclave since about 1600, and we climbed up to explore the ruins of the old fort, built in local red pumice stone, and offering stunning views of several of the nearby beaches, a great sunset spot to finish our stay


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb