day 19 ***boxing day***


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
December 26th 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

***BOXING DAY***

Happy Boxing Day

Just having breakfast - off to Anjuna Market.
Woohoo! My idea of heaven - DK idea of hell.
Having read a lot about it we have decided that we will stay all day and make the most of it.
Took a while to get here - 45mins maybe in a tuk-tuk but it was nice enough going through different towns and villages.
The market itself was ok, quite large but selling the same stuff every other stall.I imagine that its lost the hippy vibe that made it famous
I'm sure that people who came here on the 60s & 70s will agree.
Anyway was nothing spectacular -I bought a present for my mum and some incense sticks oh and we bought some cake. Ive told DK its probably a space cake but he doesn't believe me.
We walked along the beach - some woman came up to me - prodded me and said ''your very pale white lady'' and walked off giggling to herself -the cheek hee!
You can imagine how amusing DK found that.
HANDY HINT: Walking along the beach and a man comes up to DK and tries to stick his finger in his ear ''sir sir you have something in your ear'' i try to see what the man is on about but he wont let me near - DK being the sociable type tells him to f*ck off. Beware this scam - the local man gets the creature out of your ear - what a hero! but then wants paying for the service... oh how we laughed...
We decided to then go back to Candolim where we lounged on the beach all day and then went shopping for presents . After that stressful experience we had dinner in the STONEHOUSE - Italian for a change - was nice
Got back to Panjim, chill out,read and that's about it!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb