day 17 ***christmas eve***


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
December 24th 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

***CHRISTMAS EVE***
Yep - you guessed it - its another beautiful day. We havent really made any plans for today, maybe check a few emails and and look for some presents that the apple pie eating interupted yesterday.
The girls want bags and the ones we have seen seem to be a pretty decent quality,sowe know if we leave it until Mumbai then it'll be a pretty bad decision.
So the second guess for the day is where are we for breakfast - yep The PANJIM INN. Can I just say that we have checked out other places close by for breakfast and this is the nicest,yes its a little more expensive than the others but its really nice,we like it anyway. It has a colonial feel to it, definitely a hint of days gone by 😊 Dark wood furniture, marble topped tables overlooking a small courtyard. Its a place that will stya with us for ever i think.
Just having breakfast, reading the papers, writing this and chilling out.
So to fill a little time before shopping I emailed a few people and went to the bank, luck was on DK side today and the card worked first time.
Now sat on the beach, ipodded up and thinking about the first day we arrived and how much we hated it 😊
Its been so relaxing, the only thing since being here that we have had to think about really is where and what to eat... Oh and have the kids burnt the house down 😊 Hee...
We havent got time on this trip but we are thinking about coming back next year and maybe going down the coast of Kerala for a couple of weeks, that would be cool.
But hey ho! for now were sat on the beach enjoying our CHRISTMAS EVE. Pretty much stay on the beach all day and after watching the sun go down we decide to go for food, THE STONEHOUSE again - what can I say its good food. We had prawn vindaloo, pakoras, garlic naan, onion kulcha and pilau rice. cake and ice cream for dessert couple of drinks 770 rps thankyouvery much!!
Taxi back to Panjim and went to our favourite shop - the dairy - the man knows us know and as soon as we walked in he put large bottle water on the counter - price has gone down as well since we started going into the shop.
I was looking at a jar of sweets on the counter
me: what are they?
man: sweets
mmm - its going to be a long night 😊
so i smile nicely at him and ask him which sweets?
man: with eyes like saucers: ooo LADOO
Ah ok then that explains it all then lol
So I get the jar, he makes me pay for it first (5rps - he saw me coming) I get the sweet and mmm what can i say - pretty underwhelming. Its a large rolled ball with the texture of gritty fudge and a slight taste of ginger and it has raisins in it. Was ok, Ive tried it now havent I?
I have also tried BARFI - after our dinner on the plane from Udaipur - Mumbai, I like that again a fudge type texture (apologies now if thats not what it is - the steward on the plane said it was😊 )
The only problem is after you have tried sweets or desserts you feel like your teeth are screaming they are SO SWEET!
Its a wonder,as a nation they have any teeth left!
We walk down to our hotel and the church at the top of our street is all lit up, with chairs outside ready for midnight mass, we can hear carols being sung - its beautiful and for a split second I wanna be home. But then its gone again!!!
A perfect end to CHRISTMAS EVE.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb