day 15


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
December 22nd 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is really warm! (funny that considering where we are 😊) we have come to the PANJIM INN for breakfast - its a great place... Expensive by comparison to what we have been paying for food but of course still mad cheap by our standards. Today we had 2 boiled eggs, 4 toast, large pot coffee x 2 - 295 rps!!!
Reading the NAVHIND TIMES - Its all very civilized...
Ive just been looking back through some of the photos I have taken and remembered something from Udaipur... When we was delayed in Udaipur we were talking to some Indian guy from London who had gone to Mumbai to study acting (daaaarling!) He told us he was in Udaipur for a wedding at the CITY PALACE, so I said "ooo was it in the courtyard blah blah blah..." yep it was! I was right it was for a party. Little coincidence of no value to you what so ever 😊
The landlady has changed from dragon to human and told us of a nice walk to go on so were off...
And now were back - it was good we went up to the ARCHIBISHOPS HOUSE and had a look round, it really is quite pretty. After that we got a rickshaw to Fort Aguada//Candolim again and have had a nice walk along the beach, Im writing this sat at SUDAHS SHACK watching the world go by. Only problem with watching the world go by here is you cant!!! there are that many hawkers that your frightened to look at anything in case you catch their eye and they start to try and sell you something... hee. One lady said "ahh I remember you from last year" maybe we all look the same?!?
Had a drink at THE STONEHOUSE and did a little shopping. When we arrived back in PANJIM we decided to go to VIVA PANJANI for dinner, food was good - curry and biryani - asked for chapati and they had finished but got recommened the GOAN bread - nice but i think it was 2 barm cakes from PIMBLETTS (pie shop in St.Helens).
We had BIBENCA for dessert which was a plate of brown and cream wobbly stripes that taste like ginger cake - the jury is still out on this one Im afraid...
Whilst the food was good the service was crap and Im actually surprised we had dinner at all. All the staff wanted to do was climb around the restaurant putting up the CHRISTMAS decorations... Oh and then the cheeky buggers tried to double charge us on the bill!!! 😞 Thats 60 rps we will never see again) hee hee.
So we wont go there again and Im sorry but I wont be recommending it either... so there! spat my dummy out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb