Final Hong Kong entry


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 16


Today we excitedly headed to the Giant Budda. You get a cable car to this and it hadnt been working for a while. Well what an adventure that was. We were terrified. Now we are both usually really good with heights and had already done the cable car at ocean park, but this was a windy day and we had read in the paper that one car had plummetted to the ground during the testing days. It was a long half hour. The sights we saw made it kind worthwhile (we did however get the bus back), We made it in one piece the the beautiful Ngong Ping village and saw the worlds tallest outdoor seated bronze budda and the Po lin Monastery.

Day 17


In the morning we went with Jacqui to pick up Rory from the sailing club, Andrew was doing the full day. It was a fab walk along the waterfront and you get a teeny boat out to the clubhouse.
Afterwards we went to Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple the stunning Nan Lian Garden. Nan Lian garden was again a peaceful hideaway in town.

Day 18


After a morning stroll we headed of on the Junk arranged by Jacqui. Had an amazing experience on the boat all day the off to Lamma Island for Seafood. We were both brave and tried everything on offer and using chopsticks, including shrimp squid, cockles, pak choi and more....yum! It was nightime when we headed back and the city was all lit up beautifully. The Aberdeen Boat club was next to the Jumbo restaurant which we got to see in all its glory lit up.

Day 19


This is now - we are typing this in a cafe, plan to see the light show tonight

Day 20


This will be a day of getting organised as we fly to Thailand at 6am tomorrow morning!





Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Central PierCentral Pier
Central Pier

't was a grey day
Little Ted Little Ted
Little Ted

On Hollywood Road
Cool view on MTRCool view on MTR
Cool view on MTR

Tung Chung to Central , sticks in water!


3rd July 2008

Soooooo Jealous!
Hey Guys I am so jealous you's look like you's are having a ball! Photo's are fab too, can't wait for the next update!!!! Loux
3rd July 2008

For goodness sake!!!!
For goodness sake Hollie put a cardigan on...and cover urself UP!!!!!..xxxxxlove u
5th July 2008

aup hollie the cable ride looked frightening!! keep us updated looks like u r having fun speak to u soon xx
15th July 2008

im jealous
hi hollie looks like your having a great time can i come and join you ?

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb