On our way home!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
September 19th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our three nights in Hong Kong flew by in a hurry. We stayed at the Grand Harbour KowLoon. Our first night we walked through the Pennisula Hotel which is one on the 1,001 Things to do Before You Die. Then we ate at TGFridays. I didn't know a burger could taste so good! After some nourishment, we had the energy to walk through the night market. That was an experience. So many people and so many things to buy! On Monday, we went on a tour to Victoria Peak. We took a tram up a tall, steep mountain to see a gorgeous view of the busy city. We also were dropped off at Stanley Market. This market was cleaner and they weren't as pushy. We walked into a store we thought was a pet store, and we're surprised it was the SPCA for Hong Kong and they had three adorable dogs that were begging to come to America! That would have been a lot of red tape, but boy were they cute! We had some time to swim, treadmill, and yoga before we went on a Harbour dinner cruisewith a laser light show. It was rather lame and the food wasn't that great. Yesterday we went on a tour of Lantau Island. With buses and ferry, it took us two hours to reach the island. There is a huge Buddha up in the hills. We were supposed to go on cable cars up to it, but they were closed this week for maintenance. Thanks tour guide for not telling this in advance so we could've taken a different tour!! That cut her tip in half! The Buddha was incredible and we had a vegetarian lunch in a monastery. We also took a boat ride through a fishing village where all the shacks were in stilts. I could never live like that! The fish markets had live and iced fish available for the locals. After an hours ride home, we walked to a spaghetti restaurant for wonderful lasagna and a beer. Then it was packing and off to bed. We are both beat and looking forward to being home. It's been a great trip! We are looking forward to breathing clean air. The US needs to do whatever they can to protect our environment. I sure don't want to have to walk around with a mask on. Take care and see you on our next trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb