The last blog


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 31st 2006
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mushy Mushy?
Chinese new year lasts all week and today we made the mistake of visiting a theme park called ocean park! This was probably the busiest day of the year to go and definitely the worst. The layout of the park was impressive, built on a steep hillside with views looking over the bay. The rollercoasters hung over the cliff edge as if it was contemplating suicide and the views fantastic. The only way through the park was via esculators or cable car which ended up being the worst design for a shed load of people. The rides we went on were great but it took usw forever to get out of the park being squeezed into a bottleneck alleyway with nowhere to go - more claustraphobic the cu chu tunnels!
Once we squeezed out we made our way back via the tube to the harbour. Here we watched the spectacular firework dispaly over Honkong Island, again due to the cordening off of most of the harbour areas for some bizarre reason it was very crampt and hard to get a good spot. Afetrwards Giles and i talked over a few pints and then retired - no pool!

The fireworks seemed like a good finale to my travels and they were the best id ever seen. I thought back on all the places i had travelled, sights that i had seen, and people i had met. Its hard to pick a highlight although Newzealand holds fond memories especially the south island and Franz Josef! Fraser island and Noosa were also great experiences.
I also hope to meet up again with many people ive travelled with - you know who you are and i have all your emails so stay in touch!

Well this is the last blog i do whilst travelling which in a way is sad , but im ready allbeit anxious to return home to my life (whats left of it!), whatever it has in store for me?
Id like to thank everyone whos followed my adventures, to quote a cheesey comment i couldnt have done it without you and you made it more enjoyable - it also saves me from trying to describe things like - so whats blackwater rafting again and whats a yongala?
I hope to see all of you when i return although i know some will be harder than others but thanks again for putting up with my spelling/ punctuation and bizarreness - im afraid thats just me! (as im sure you know).

To the to be newly weds if i dont see you then have an amazing wedding, and if you want any tips on your honeymoon location or just generally Australasia feel free! (if you want any tips on your honeymoon in general then dont ask me!!!)

alrighty now for the long trip back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Not that impressed - too busy!!Not that impressed - too busy!!
Not that impressed - too busy!!

mind you what should we expect on new year?


31st January 2006

Home
Wishing you a safe journey home!
31st January 2006

Trip Review
Well done that man!!!
31st January 2006

Ey dog, unfortunately an end comes at all journeys! But you can't complain, you had a very nice trip! So what are your next travelplans? I wish you a safe and nice trip back to UK, and take care. For me, you're definitelty the coolest foreign person I've met in southeast Asia and for sure I'll try to go to UK this summer! Elton
3rd February 2006

cyclops
Hiya mate! great to hear from you your always welcome in England mate. No travel plans for some time ! Hows the eye? Take care mate! Dave

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb