Just a small Typhoon!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
August 23rd 2008
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

So as we were gearing down for the last few days of our holiday, we get to the airport and find out that our flight was cancelled. Bah. The language barrier is a still a little sticky, so we were told that there were high winds in Hongkong, so the airport shut down. We weren't all that upset though, as we got to stay in this 5 * hotel on the beach for our extra day. It was a fab finish to Thailand. A little later, we were chatting with a British guy and he said that the "high winds" were actually a level 8 typhoon. Now I'm not really sure what the levels mean exactly, but level 8 supposedly means that there is not transportation allowed, and Denny saw a note that said "engineers and construction agent: all temporary structures must be dismantled." I guess it was a pretty big deal. Actually, a bigger deal was probably that the Olympics were finishing and there were twice the regular flight loads to get people home. While they stressed, we swam and tanned. Not the worst cancelled flight I've had 😊 So now we're back at the aiport this morning, ready to experience as much of Hong Kong in 1/2 a day that we can! We head to Calg tomorrow and should be home in the early afternoon.

Love J and D

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb