Hong Kong by Night


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
February 24th 2006
Published: February 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys today we went out for a dinner kindly paid for by Josh's dad. Marion, Josh's girlfriend suggested we experience the restaurants in Chun King Mansion in Tsim Tsa Tsui in Kowloon.

So we set off at 7 for central and made a detour to Causeway Bay. Josh wanted to get some shelves and Claire and I bought a camera. Naughty, I know but how else could we keep supplying you guys with photos of our trip. Anyway we got quite a good deal it was about £80 cheaper than you would get it in the UK. Don’t expect electrical goods over here to be much cheaper than they are in the UK. There are cameras for sale cheaply but these are in dodgy stores like the ones in Tsim Tsa Tsui in Nathan Road. Don’t buy stuff from them, they have a terrible reputation and are very forceful in there selling techniques. We instead opted to buy from Fortress a reliable chain of stores and they through in a load of free stuff. The camera does both video and pictures, so is perfect for our needs.

Anyway after buying the camera and Josh getting a shelf from Ikea, we went to meet Marion at the ferry to Kowloon. Even though it was quite late the streets were packed and it was a lovely warm night. I think the thing I will remember most of my time in Hong Kong is the site of the city at night. In the day it is quite a dirty ugly looking place, at night it is transformed into and myriad of lights and colours.

The Chun King Mansions is quite an experience. It’s in a dodgy part of town and is like a small shopping centre only packed with restaurants. As you enter what seems like hundreds of Indian guys approach you with restaurant cards and try and get you to come to their restaurant. We had been warned by Marion not to take their cards or you will never get rid of them. Anyway the restaurant we wanted was on the second floor. So we were crammed into a small lift where one of the reps somehow managed to herd us into his restaurant rather than the one we intended. Ah well, it was a nice restaurant so we decided to stay. We then had a massive feast of lovely Indian food. Cheers Ross, thanks a lot it was delicious.

After the food on the way back I got our new camera out and took some photos of Hong Kong at night. We also made a detour through the lobby of The Peninsula the most famous hotel in Hong Kong. It was amazing very classy needless to say a bit beyond the means of riff raff like us.

Love You Guys

Will and Claire



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Claire in the Camera Shop Claire in the Camera Shop
Claire in the Camera Shop

She's happy! She has just conned me into buying a camera
Claire In A Strop!Claire In A Strop!
Claire In A Strop!

I think alot of you will recognise her in this kind of mood. Scary!
Interior of The Penisula 2Interior of The Penisula 2
Interior of The Penisula 2

Notice the women not impressed by the riff raff taking pictures
Jackie Chan Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan

He is the man!


28th February 2006

Ahh... Nice to know that you can go all the way to Hong Kong and still have a handy Ikea available... Jackie Chan Billboard!!! xxx

Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.2021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb