Victoria Peak


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
February 23rd 2006
Published: February 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In Hong Kong in order to get a feel of how big the island really is you really need a birds eye view, with this in mind we headed up to the richest part of the island, Victoria Peak. The adventure started straight from the word go in a high speed taxi ride from central, these guys are crazy it reminded me of the guy from the French film taxi, at any minute I expected him to press a button and a racing spoiler to appear! Mad! However it was only 15 bucks for two kilometers, that about a pound, so well worth the ride.

He dropped us at the tram station which leaves every ten minutes, as we walked towards the counter I noticed all the posters of all the trams that have changed over the years from the 1940s, needless to say I wasn't to keen at first. Everyone that knows me knows I’m not keen on heights. The tram ride up is almost vertical and as we were going up Josh decided to tell us a little story how the cable had snapped once, such a lovely boy! Think he was kidding!

When you get to the top you find yourself in the middle of a modern shopping plaza with a weird anvil shaped building, however this was under refurbishment when we went up so know photos I’m afraid, I hear the prices are expensive so it was probably for the best. At the top of the peak there are a number of walks affording great views of the city. We some how ended up on the 3 mile hike, but it was beautiful. We walked a full circle round the top of the peak; there are some amazing views as you can see.

Love Claire & Will



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

water foutainwater foutain
water foutain

At the Shopping Plaza
monkey Joshmonkey Josh
monkey Josh

Josh Climbing famous Indian Rubber Tree. Naughty!
Looking OutLooking Out
Looking Out

He's behind you


26th February 2006

get it in your mouth girl...
Thats the way to get skinny - keep dropping it off the chopstick!! Another freezing Sunday here with snow on its way tomw and Tues. You lucky lucky people .... lots love xx
28th February 2006

So. Many. Tall. Buidings. *dizzy*

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb