Out and About in Central Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
February 20th 2006
Published: February 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

claireclaireclaire

Claire in Pottinger Street
Hi guys hope you're all well and checking in to see what were up too!

Today me and Will ventured into Hong Kong Central. It's strange, when you look at Hong Kong at night you think its very futuristic but when you get into the nit and grit of it all, its seems a lot dirtier and poorer then you'd think. All the little streets that make up central seem like the back alleys of oliver twist! with dingy yet colourful market stalls each stall trying to intise you to buy something from them! It really is fascinating! However their is also the glitz and glam from the expensive indoor shopping centres, whether its prada or Gucci! the floors are so clean you can see you're face in them! sadly Will dragged me right past these shops. We wanted to buy some coffee we went into the City Super ( a bit like tesco but for the rich) a small jar was like a tenner, know chance! they were selling melons for 40 quid it was mad, surprisingly we ditched there pretty fast.

Me and Will have been trying to buy a camcorder but they actually seem a lot
claireclaireclaire

Claire in Pottinger Street
more expensive then england! Theres a lot of camera shops but weve been told to be very warey of the little shops that dont show the prices. Knowing us were end up buying a camera taht doesnt work!

One thing that does surprise me about Hong Kong is that its a collection of islands, the ferry service is like our local bus service over here, transporting everyone from island to island, I was told last night theres about fifty islands in all that make up Hong Kong (whether thats true or not).

We had a look round Hollywood street today, it really didn't look like Hollywood to me, it was so funny Will was following this sign up some dogey backend alley that he thought was Hollywood street, I was trying to tell him it wasnt but we all know Will hes stubborn! It ended up being some back end alley behind peoples gardens! Personnally i reckon someone moved the signs around, maybe pick pocketers!

Anyway thats all for now dont wana bore you all too soon, heres a few more snaps for now!

Miss you x






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

wheres wally?wheres wally?
wheres wally?

Can you see Will?
rundownrundown
rundown

Great ran out of film!
petes new flat!petes new flat!
petes new flat!

found you a flat pete, right in you're price range!
better shot of petes flatbetter shot of petes flat
better shot of petes flat

might have a problem with location, theres no prince!


20th February 2006

Checking in
Hi Guys - great pics, Josh looks as laid back as ever. Cait does not have glandular fever so you don't have to worry about that, just a viral infection. Hong Kong looks much as I remember it, enjoying your blog. Take care of each other LOL Mum
28th February 2006

Catch Up
She's still using the LOL thing. Weird... It's really surprising that the prices are so much higher! You wouldn't expect that, by perhaps you haven't found the best places yet. I would say keep looking, but as it is Tuesday the 28th, I have a feeling you're jetting off tommorrow...

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb