Life's a Beach


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
October 18th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Surf's upSurf's upSurf's up

Georgia's jog before breakfast
Always on the look out for adventure, we try to take Georgia to fun and unusual places in Hong Kong. Of course, the beach is part of the fun side. She loves the sand and surf. At this stage her beach antics are confined to assisted runs through the shallows, and sitting precariously in the surf, with unexpectedly large (on the small scale of Stanley's wild (not) coast) waves threatening to tumble her over. But she is undaunted, and soon gestures in the way parents comprehend that she wants to take on assisted swimming in the deeper, and cooler waters.

For a change of pace in September we took Georgia to hospital. She developed an infection and started to boil like a kettle. Simone phoned the pediatrician when Georgia hit nearly 39 degrees, and at 40 degrees we took her in for a check-up and scans. A little while later we were home again, but Georgia was still crook. When she pushed past 40 degrees and started a disconcerting rolling of the eyes, phone calls expressing strong concern to the doctor led to taking her to another hospital, Canossa Caritas in the Midlevels. It is a great hospital, and they really liked Georgia there. Georgia experienced new things, such as being held down (dad's job) while they inserted an IV drip in her arm to get fluids and antibiotics into her, and worst of all, hospital food.

Simone has started part-time work as Development Officer with St.Stephen's College in Stanley. She likes it and they think she is wonderful. While Joggy was on holidays in the Philippines, and with Simone at work, I took leave to spend a few days with Georgia. It was great fun - the beach in the morning, the pool around midday, the playgroup late afternoon, followed by a stroll along the boardwalk. When Georgia drops into play group her gang of pre-teen adventurers chat animatedly in a mysterious language and run around like vespers.

The food is great at the little Dim Sum restaurant with traditional Chinese furniture and the unmistable smell of delicious food. Georgia likes to eat from chop sticks, but like her father, hasn't mastered them herself.

Having so much fun with Georgia encouraged us to have more, and now we have another on the way - this time a little chap - due in March.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Not happy JohnNot happy John
Not happy John

Georgia complaining about the room service
Still not happyStill not happy
Still not happy

but the service was improving.
The best nurseThe best nurse
The best nurse

Mum to the rescue
To do listTo do list
To do list

1. get Georgia out of hospital 2. get new husband
Relaxing before cocktailsRelaxing before cocktails
Relaxing before cocktails

Some welcome down-time in Georgia's busy life.
Recapitalise the banks!Recapitalise the banks!
Recapitalise the banks!

Georgia and her board save the world from financial meltdown.
I'm waiting ...I'm waiting ...
I'm waiting ...

Charlie taking Georgia to her next meeting.
HeroesHeroes
Heroes

Georgia and her favouirite life guards
WhereWhere
Where

Rice crackers don't cut it when Georgia can smell dim sum on the way.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb