Bangkok & Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 29th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent 3 days in Bangkok. It hadnt changed much since we were last there 6 years ago. Everything seems to be just as cheap too which is good as our budget is now officially blown. We are living on fresh air & love now. It means we may well come home earlier than planned. The whole purpose of Bangkok was to get my next ultra sound scan done & just to relax & enjoy our lovely hotel & pool.

The hotel recommended a clinic to us which was more like a plush hotel. You name it, you could get it done there. They were all very efficient & professional. Annie (Carol's & Michelle's code name for our baby) was unfortunately sitting up when we had the scan so the photos this time were not so clear. The doctor confirmed that everything appeared to be fine & all Annies' limbs etc were there. We got to see the 4 chambers of the heart beating & Annie was sucking her thumb. He/She now weighs 253 gramms & is 12 cms long. Its incredible. Still having to pinch ourselves to believe that this is really happening.

Other than the clinic visit
BangkokBangkokBangkok

Siam City Hotel Pool on the 8th floor
& chilling, we visited Pat Pong market & bought me a wheelie suit case. I reluctantly said goodbye to my lovely faithful ruck sack. Miles no longer needs to carry 2 ruck sacks everywhere. Bless him. Miles had a thai foot massage & I had a facial as well as us both having a foot scrub to get rid of all the dry skin on our feet from all the walking/treking we have done. Thats about all we did in Bangkok. I needed a good rest & get my ankles back to size!!

We then had a short flight to Hong Kong. The hotel we booked said they were fully booked & so we had to stay in an executive suite. What a shame!! A lounge on the 29th floor overlooking HongKong harbour with a leather sofa, TV & toilet. Then a bedroom with another TV & ensuite. Wonderful. As tempting as it was to spend the whole 4 days there, we did venture out to see the sights.

HongKong was just how I imagined it. Busy streets, neon lights, huge sky scrapers & shops selling very odd food. We had a few journeys on the trams (skinny
Hong Kong SkylineHong Kong SkylineHong Kong Skyline

View from the Peak
double deckers) & visited the Peak to get a good view of the harbour. We caught the Star Ferry over to Kowloon a couple of times & we bought ourselves fake watches. Miles a lacoste & me a CK. Kowloon was busy preparing for the olympic torch relay that gets there on ther 2nd May. We also visited the Man Mo Temple. HSBC was everywhere. Just as work was a distant memory!!

Hong Kong harbour at night was a real picture although the lazer show was a little disappointing.

We are now back in Thailand in a place called Kanchanburi where the 'Bridge over the River Kwai' is. Planning on making our way North to Chiang Mai, then flying down to Kuala Lumpur & Singapore.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Miles forgot that he had to drink it all on his own!!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb