Like Singapore, but colder and more polluted


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 10th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our Emirates flight was scheduled for around 1pm today but when we reached the airport at 11+am we found out that there was a 2-hour delay, which was seriously irritating because what could we do in the airport for so many hours???

We shopped, of course 😊)

But on board the flight everything was quite nice (except for one very annoying Thai flight stewardess, obviously a senior one because she kept ordering another Thai stewardess around)- especially the in-flight personal TV and our special seafood meals! The scallops, big prawns, and fish were all very fresh and very delicious. Moreover the landing at the HK airport was smooth and with no unnecessary bumps. A pity its flights are often late because everything else is perfect.

We reached Hong Kong very late, at about 7+pm, and by the time we got to our hotel there was little time left for looking around. It was pretty much a day wasted no thanks to the delayed flight. Our hotel was very near the Tin Hau MTR Station, and the facade was so modern, so high that we didn't believe it was our hotel, so we asked around. And when we were inside our suite, it was even more amazing. The room was so well furnished, spacious, and beautiful. I love the main colour theme of maroon, dark brown, and black. Very romantic, inviting, and cosy. And from the window we could see the many skyscrapers that define Hong Kong- very commercial and very dense.

We tried to go to a local place for dinner but the menu was all in Chinese, and it was traditional Chinese characters, not the simplified Chinese I learnt. So in the end being the global citizens that we are we instead went to...

McDonald's. It was near to our hotel after all.

But today while watching him brush his teeth I was incredibly sad, because this was just one of the many things that he does everyday and the thought of not being with him was depressing. I like to watch him brush his teeth, shave his facial hair, put on his clothes, pack his bag, wear his shoes, and all the very normal things. It is inexplicable why I like these things and I can only try to explain how my mind works.

If I am watching him doing these things,
Restaurant menuRestaurant menuRestaurant menu

All the food list is outside of the restaurant...and all in Chinese
it means that he is with me everyday, but I knew after the 18th I couldn't, and it brings me to the cold reality of the 18th, that he wouldn't wake up beside me every morning. And I couldn't help myself, the tears started to flow, relentlessly, inexorably.

And gradually I found out that being in love meant equal parts pain and happiness...when one is sad one is at the very nadir of melancholy...and when one is happy one is at the height of happiness. It is different from being single, being alone- when one is alone the happiness doesn't quite swing so high, but the moments of lowness and misery can be like a vicious cycle because there is no one to seek solace in.

Love brings out the best and worst in everyone...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb