Holy places


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia » Eastern Georgia » Mtskheta
June 30th 2015
Published: July 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

(continued from June 30 Tbilisi blog)

At 6:15pm, Paul and Giga were back and we were off to Mskheta, the old capital of Georgia and what is still the most holy place in the country due to the churches there. We visited two Orthodox churches and I had to cover my hair with a scarf, and my pants with a skirt, in order to enter. One of the churches was 1000 years old, and very beautiful to see. The other was also old, and being renovated. Both were amazing to see. In that town, we visited Paul’s girlfriend at her job, where she sells a snack that looks like a sausage hanging by a string, but is in fact dried grape juice surrounding nuts. It was tasty and he bought me one to go. We came back to the apartment and Paul said he would come back in the morning to show me Tbilisi town on foot, as Giga was busy. But I was ok Giga had other plans. He's a good Georgian driver, but driving here is a whole different sport. Everyone drives fast, is impatient, and stays in two lanes at the same time. Best not to be on the road when you can help it. They take their guests seriously here. I was originally planning to visit the mountains tomorrow, but the flights were sold out.

I spent the evening back at the grocery store, with the worst mixed coolata ever and settled in for some laptop time. Oh sweet bliss.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Below this column lies Jesus' robe.Below this column lies Jesus' robe.
Below this column lies Jesus' robe.

Seriously bro. That's the word on the street.
Cow with dogCow with dog
Cow with dog

This dog was chasing the cow up the hill and across the yard. So glad I got it.
Church with moonChurch with moon
Church with moon

Because science.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb