On the Move Again!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 11th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are in Xian right now and will fly toChongqing, where we will board our boat for three days cruising along the Yangtze River. I didnt blog last night because I was really tired. It rained the entire day here. It was the nice steady rain that would be really appreciated at home. Yesterday morning we visited another Unesco World Heritage site. It was the Terra Cotta Warriors. These are life size, all unique, statues made our of terra cotta. They were buried 2,200 years ago about 5 meters. Their purpose was to guard the emperor in his after life. There are six thousand warriors and horses. The Chinese have built huge buildings over the pits, where,archaeologists are working to restore them. It was an incredible site that cannot be described in words. Last evening we attended a dinner show that was also spectacular. It was a mixture of song, dance, and instrumentals. We will have some great video to share when we get home. This morning we are going to a calligraphy class and use paint brushes to write on cloth. When we arrive in Chongqing, we will see pandas before having dinner at the Marriott and then boarding our boat around 7pm. This cmost has the largest population of any of the towns. It will take us two days of cruising before we get out of the city! I might not be ableIto get Internet on the boat. So, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Advertisement



11th September 2012

Xian
I hope you are learning some of the language.
11th September 2012

Language
I have learned how to find a western toilet! The eastern ones are just a hole in the floor with a place for your feet! And don't forget to get toilet paper before you go in, if they have any at all!

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb