Rickshaw Ride


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 9th 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Left the hotel in Beijing this morning and went to the Huong district of Beijing. It is made up of small alleys with homes on each side. We hopped on a rickshaw and were taken for a ride up and down the alleys. It was very interesting. We were left off at a home, where the resident answered all of our questions. She lived in an area with her husband, two sons and their families. Each family had their own private area. No ovens in the kitchens because they don't bake! Haven't seen a fat China person yet. We hopped on the bus and went to a bell tower and had a tea demo on the main floor before climbing to the top. Then we had a bus ride to the airport for the flight to Xian. We had lunch at Pizza Hut. It was a nice break from the Chinese. The flight was only one and a half hours. Now we are at our new hotel and getting ready for another day of touring here. Night all!

Advertisement



11th September 2012

Pizza Hut?
Can't by-pass Pizza Hut in China!
11th September 2012

Food
You wouldn't believe how good a pizza was after some of the stuff we have been eating! Most of it we aren't even sure what it is. When they set it down, they say what it is in Chinese. One time we had boiled duck feet! You could tell what they were!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb