Victoria Anna


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yangtze River
September 11th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had a calligraphy class in an art museum. it was different from home because you use a paint brush instead of a pen and you write on rice paper. It was really difficult. Then we purchased a panda painting and a folk art painting both done by local art students. Then we drove to the airport and had a group lunch. Beer is the drink of choice at meals. They do not have diet soda at our meals, just coke, sprite, and beer. We flew for about an hour and landed in Choungjing, at least that is close to how it's spelled! We went to a really pretty zoo to see pandas. We were lucky to see five of them since it was raining. They stayed out long enough to get movies and pictures. Then back on the bus and had dinner at a Marriott. We boarded the Victoria Anna boat at 7:00 pm. Our room is on the fifth deck at the very bboat of the boat. There are windows floor to ceiling on two sides. It looked really neat until,we figured out that the one side was the public deck. I guess we will keep the curtains closed! Tomorrow I will start off the day with Tai Chi. Then have breakfast and head out for an excursion. It will just be a couple of hours and then they have things we can attend. Off to bed. Goodnight, all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb