Adoption Entry #9


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 13th 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is Sunday March 13th. This morning we went site seeing in the city of Guangzhou. We went to the new part of the city as well as the older part of the city. In the new part of the city we visited a place called Flower City Square. This was designed for the Asian games that took place in China. We saw many structures made of all flowers as well as the New Guangzhou Stadium and the Television Tower. Quite modern architecture with many high rising buildings. From there we went to Yue Xie park where we climbed many stairs to see the city's famous statue of goats. Guangzhou is nick named " the goat city" we got to try out our skills with hacky-sack, a popular game here in China. We all failed miserably! Moving on in the park, we came to a pavilion where some Chinese people were swing dancing. Hadley and Harry jumped right in and showed off their swing dancing skills. Boy did they draw a crowd which was quite excited. They received much applause after they were finished. Afterwards, Teagan and her Daddy had to dance also. She was quite happy and of course she is quite the little dancer!

Returning to the hotel, we ate lunch at a little noodle place, a local fast food restaurant. It would not be a visit to China if you did not experiences the local fast food fare and of course get all the stares from the local people!

As I type this Teagan is crashed out in our room. I guess we have succeeded in wearing her out. I truly was beginning to wonder if she ever would wear down. She is like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going!

Hadley and Andrew have indeed enjoyed seeing their homeland. They especially are enjoying the "real" Chinese food.

Signing off for now. We need to go fill out some more paper work for the adoption. I often think to myself, "Will the paper work ever end?"

Advertisement



13th March 2011

sounds like you're all having a blast! I wish I could have seen Harry and Hadley swing dancing! How fun that was, I'm sure! How are Hadley and Andrew adapting to Teagan? and vice versa? Will the devestation in Japan affect your homecoming trip? Wasn't sure if you had a layover in Japan. Thanks for the updates! Love to all, Angie
16th March 2011

arrival?
Bunnie, Do you want a welcome committee at the airport? If so (no promises), send flight info., please. We're dying to see Teagan (and all of you!). Blessings, Winfields
16th March 2011

I've so enjoyed reading your updates and can't wait to meet little Miss Teagan!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb