Adoption Entry #8


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 11th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is March 12th in China. Wow how time flies! We have spent the last week in Jinan/ Qingdao living among the local people and getting to know a little bit about Teagan's home province. She is from a beautiful city/ province with lots of modern architecture and beautiful parks to stroll through. We actually found out that most of the major cities in China were all reconstructed with more modern buildings when the olympics took place. It has been a wonderful experience being in Shangdong province.

Miss Teagan continues to adjust to her new family. She is quite the little entertainer! She keeps us laughing daily. Teagan loves to sing and dance. She does not know a stranger and thinks everyone should stop and look at her. She is a mimic which has made teaching her a few English words quite the easy task although they are not real clear when they come out of her mouth but we can work on that. Some of her behaviors and abilities are a bit below what we would expect for her age. Not sure if that is orphanage related and the fact she was among mostly younger children or if she is actually younger than what we were told. That being said, Harry and I have decided to have her evaluated by a doctor that specializes in international adoptions when we return home. Regardless, we still love her very much and she continues to charm her way into our hearts.

As a side note, we are in Guangzhou now. Arrived last night. We go for Teagan's medical exam this morning. I hope all goes well with that and she is cooperative. The rest of the day is free to investigate the city around us. We will update you soon. Until then, we wish the best to all our friends and family following this blog. We miss you and cannot wait to return home so you may meet our Chinese treasure given to us through the glory of God.

p.s. Sorry fo not posting any pictures but the Internet connection here in China is a slow connection and not allowing me to search my photos in order to post. We will continue to work on getting pictures posted.

Advertisement



12th March 2011

What a Blessing!
My heart was filled with joy after reading these latest blogs...so glad to hear that all of you are well and enjoying precious time with the newest member of your loving family! May God bless all of you on the remainder of your trip. We cannot wait to meet this special little girl!
12th March 2011

Exciting times! I am picturing you at the medical clinic getting the 'once over' for Teagan then hitting the playground in the middle of the island. I wonder if you'll get to the White Swan for the red couch photo. I'm sure it's balmy and very green. When we were there 15 months ago, they were fixing up most of the buildings on the island so we were always navigating in and out of bamboo scaffolding. We can't wait to meet Teagan and get Hadlee's take on her birth country! Blessings, Winfields

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb