Adoption Entry #10


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 16th 2011
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we were officially done with all the paper chasing and Teagan's adotption was final. Bright and early we were at the American Consulate to take the official oath and have our final interview before Teagan's visa would be issued. What a happy day that was! Teagan is an American citizen now and has a forever family! We left the Consulate and visited another beautiful park where Teagan was able to take her first amusement park ride. Hadley and her drove a plane together. By the look on Teagan's face she absolutely loved it. I am not so sure Hadley loved it but she was doing her big sister duty.

The rest of the day we spent just hanging out at the hotel. I have to admit, we have been pretty tired these last few days.

This morning, Wednesday March 16th we visited the Guangzhou zoo. We are quite proud of ourself. We managed to hail a cab ride to and from the zoo without help from a guide. The zoo was quite the place. Not as big as our zoo but it had a very nice selection of animals to see. We even saw the pandas! Needless to say, Hadley was beside herself. She has such a great love for pandas and has never seen one live and up close before.

Thie evening, we will get Teagan's passport back with her visa. Yea, she can legally leave the country and come home with us! After getting her passport, we will be going to a big dinner celebration with the other two families we are with and our guide. This only means our trip is almost to its end. It will be sad to say goodbye to our guide and the other two families yet we are so ready to come home. We miss all our family and friends. Looking forward to seeing you again ! We leave here on Friday afternoon, China time and we will be back in St. Louis on Friday night @ around 10 PM. Love and Blessings to all!

P.S. Again I apologize for not posting pictures, this Chinese Internet connection is not allowing me to. We will be happy to share photos when we arrive home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb