Adoption Entry # 6


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last few days have been real crazy. I apologize for not posting to our blog. We visited the the Forbidden City on Saturday as well as the Great Wall. We were unable to see Tianamen Square as there was a huge government officials meeting at the time we were there. Absolutely no one was permitted to come anywhere near it. High security was putting it mildly. Anyway, Hadley and Andrew really enjoyed seeing the Forbidden City. They were pretty impressed to find out that it was a city built for only the Emperor, his servants and many concubines. Quite elaborate architecture!

Leaving the Forbidden City we went to lunch at authentic Chinese restaurant known for it's Peking duck. Boy was the food yummy! Leaving the restaurant, we drove about 45 dominates out of the city to climb that infamous Great Wall. What an awe inspiring structure! Hadley and I climbed both sides of the wall as far as we could. Harry and Andrew climbed one side and opted out of climbing the other side. They were definitely not adventurous. Oh well, not everyone is brave at heart! Truth be known, climbing the Great Wall is not an easy task but it was fun. We can now claim to have done it!

Driving back to the Beijing city we were lucky to be able to drive by the Olympic village. What beautiful architecture. However, I was saddened to learn that many families were forced to uproot their homes in order to build the Olympic Village. We spent the evening with our good friends Kevin, Melody, Lian and Angela Lee.

Advertisement



9th March 2011

When?
When do you get to meet Teegan?

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb