Moon Festival at TIS School and Green Park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
September 22nd 2014
Published: September 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, it has been a busy few weeks.......Matthew has been back to school for7/8 weeks now, back into the getting up early routine and home work!! As he is now in grade 2 he has a lot more work to do but we are getting there! He has been busy at school, lots of great displays from his classroom.

September is the Mid Autumn festival or as some know it as the Moon festival. This was so nice to experience. Matthew's school celebrated the Moon Festival by making moon cakes during Chinese class and having a dragon dance and dragon house games. At Green park where we live they put on a great Mid Autumn Festival night. We had a lovely BBQ and fun for the children and Chinese singing and dance and at the end lots of fireworks!!

I did see one funny thing happen that you would not see back home!!!! I was in Tesco with William, we were looking at the crabs in a bucket and then we were watching this old man try to catch a fish from the tank.....after 15 minutes he caught a large fish but the fish did not want to be eaten and slipped out of the mans bag and slid on the floor where lots of staff were trying to catch it!!! It was a funny moment!!! But sadly the fish didn't live to tell the tale!!!!!

I finally got to take William swimming....our pool is very deep at Green park and William does not like it but I took him to another pool and he loved it.....we were the only ones there which was great!!!

The weather has cooled down now, still in mid 20's and still shorts weather!!! The leaves have started changing and the signs of autumn is clear which can only mean 1 thing.....the cold winter is near!!

We have Nanny Dragon and Granddad arriving on Saturday so its going to be a busy time ahead with lots of fun planned!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Matthew's first term!!Matthew's first term!!
Matthew's first term!!

Matthew has been very busy at school.....
Autumn poemAutumn poem
Autumn poem

Matthew had to write is very own poem about Autumn
I LOVE THIS!!!!!I LOVE THIS!!!!!
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

This is what Grade 2 children do every morning to start the day.....fab idea I think schools back home should do to wake the children up and get them started for each day!!!
Nothing changes!!Nothing changes!!
Nothing changes!!

After his first week at school Matthew's legs look like this!!! Things have not improved but this is what happens when Matthew runs into school in the mornings!!!
Art classArt class
Art class

I love this picture the children made!
Chinese class....Chinese class....
Chinese class....

Matthew's moon cakes...


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb