Chengdu To Songpan and my Saddle Sore potential


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
November 8th 2006
Published: November 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Current Mood: A little better and looking forward to a sore Bum!

The trip begins at 6am and thank god im out of that shit hole (mix hostel. Its cold and full of mozzies. im twitching like an idiot hahahaha). ON the bus for 7 and on the road for half past we embark on what is to become a really visual 10 hour bus ride.

We were all a little tired for various none discussable reasons (what happens in the hostel stays in the hostel kinda thing haha) so on the bus for the first hour we all mostly slept like babies! Woken by the repetivive horn blowing by the driver we are geeted by sweeping roads and winding cliff faces footed with streams and lakes, topped with greenery and snow capped mountain peeks! this was such a change from what we had been seeing of China so far! i am pleased!

About four hours into the journey we stopped for some food in a cafe type restaurant that surved up freshly cooked chinese grub and was faced by scenery on the oposite side of the road that will take your breat away quicker that a thai curry! Green lakes surrounded by mountainous structures stretching as far as the eye could see! there were also fully dressed Yaks (cow like beasts) that tourists could ride i presume walking up and down the road in hope for a few yuan's earnings! the further we drove the more remote and traditional china seemed to become. China is a must guys.............. simply get used to and ignor the squat toilets. i may bloog about those for you all to see!

So we pull up in this wicked village, unbeknown to me it was where our trip would begin! this is Songpan! first impressions are i love it!

Hahahaha we end up staying in a bus station accomidation set up that is advertised as freezing but Tim robs the other rooms of there quilts and we are set for a toasty one! hahahah your having a laugh iot was bitter cold so we all shoot out for food and a thermal shop where i experience how uncomfortable long johns really are...... i felt like i was ready for the wild west! All full up on Songpans delights of chips and pizzas we head back to the digs where i track down a hot flask for a well earned Cup of TETLEYS (thanx Sahar.... miss you tonnes come play soon!)

Right im off to bed again so im prepped for a good day on my horse. as ill be in the Chinese out back it may take me a while to get online so if i dont get back to any of you i apoligise!!!

i cant wait.......... its a brummy, a yank, an ozzie, a propper bristolian, and mancurian and her (im very unsure of an accent son) Harris hehehe

Love from a Brummy

Niki

Love to all my nippers and family at home. wish some of you were out here to do this with me! love ya tonnes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 140; dbt: 0.1569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb