Stopover in Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
August 13th 2015
Published: August 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

As our plane arrived timely and we had to wait 6 hours for our connection to Beijing, we have decided to jump out the airport. We catched the so called "Maglev" for Longyuang Station, the only commercial operating magnet driven train in the world. Unfortunately we were too late for the highspeed window during which the train is reaching a maximum speed of 430 km/h. With only 300 km/h it took 8 minutes for the 30km from Pudong airport to Longyuang. Here we crossed the street to the Shanghai Metro. We left the Metro at Nanjing Lu East Station. From here it is a 15 minute walk to the Bund, Shanghais famous riverside street. We experienced the afternoon with a clear sky so that the impressive Pudong Skyline was completely visible.

On the picture the most known buildings from left to right: Oriental Pearl Tower, Jin Mao Tower in front of "The Bottleopener" (Shanghai World Financial Center 492m) and the currently highest building of China, the Shanghai Tower (with 632 meter todays worlds second highest building).
In order to be back at the airport in time, we strolled back over Chinas most impressive shopping avenue - the Nanjing Lu - to the west where we took the Metro back from Peoples Square Station to Pudong airport.
.... more about Shanghai at the the end of our vacation. Shopping, Yuyuan Garden, shopping, shopping, ...!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb