Here We Come Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
July 1st 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the trainOn the trainOn the train

Me on the train to Shanghai
Can't believe that it is the 1st July today, this trip has gone so quickly its scary, I am having such a good time with these guys. Me and Rach have been discussing and going to India with a different group is going to be so strange.

Anyways, the train wasn't too bad after all. But I am a bit scared though as we have got a 26 hour train journey coming up. Oh the pain of it.

So we got to Shanghai, which was pretty much what you would expect from a large city. To be honest I could have been anywhere, London, Manchester, New York as I said anywhere. Much more commercial than any of the cities we have been to in China so far. And yet again we got a brilliant hotel called the Yinbo hotel. When are we going ro stay in a crap hotel, I ask??? Me, Rach, Paul, Kenton, Bridge and Kim decided that we could go and face Shanghai on our own, so armed with two maps we set off. It wasn't till we had been walking for about an hour that we realised one map was hand drawn and completly wrong
ShanghaiShanghaiShanghai

Shanghai Sky line
and the other map looked like a Disney world map. I am surprised that there wasn't a dumbo drawing in the middle of it! We were, how can I put it? Completly and utterly lost. We finally found a ferry crossing (praise the lord) and got it to the Pearl tower, so we were at where we wanted to be. Oh god the joy did not last long though. As we stepped foot on the otherside of the river, we looked behind us and saw that there was the biggest storm brewing, with in 5 mins we were being blown every which way. Then the rain started, I have never seen a down pour like it in my life time and really don't ever want to again. We did actually manage to see a few things, Shanghai oriental Pearl tv tower and thats about it was wet and quite peed off by the end of the day.

Well what can I say about the evening any footy fan will know what happend on 01/07/2006. BOO BOO.
Me, Rach, Michael, Paul, Kenton, Lesley and Ali went to Mooming Road. Well we were suppose to. We had to split up in
ShanghaiShanghaiShanghai

Me, Rach and Paul stuck in the storm
two different cabs (let the story get going it is quite good), Me, Rachel and lesley got in first and got dropped off at Mooming road, except that it wasn't at all, no where near it. We really were in the mood to have a good old drinky poo, so a bit out of sorts that we would never find the othyer peeps. So we started walking and walking and walking. Anyway to cut a long story short we found the other guys, it sounds pretty crap but we were a half an hour walk away from them and the road is like, really really busy. The crowds parted and we saw Micheals head. I can only describe the feeling as when you are a kid and you loose your parents, and the relife when you find them again.So every one was in a good mood that we found one another we got really drunk. For a good night out in Shanghai head for Mooming road, a street lined with bars ad clubs. Except for the result in the footy it was a really good night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ShanghaiShanghai
Shanghai

The rest of the group soaking wet!!
ShanghaiShanghai
Shanghai

Watching the England Match


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb