World EXPO in Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 4th 2010
Published: September 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

World EXPO, what is that? I never heard before China, the first time Shanghai host the World EXPO, after Beijing hosted the Olympics games, Beijing and Shanghai, 2 main cities in China, both always had "fights" to show which one is more powerful, so this is time for Shanghai. World EXPO is a international event, the idea is each nation show about own country and technology, every EXPO has a central theme, this time is about the environment.
Every country had own space or pavilion, and the size depend on the resource of each nation, and of course China had the biggest one, China won't lose the chance to show to the world how powerful China is now, the same happened to Beijing Olympics games. Different to Olympics games, the EXPO has no fixed periodicity.
The space for World EXPO was both side of Huangpu river, the south side was for nations' pavilion, and north side was for business like energy, aerospace, construction and on, there are boat and bus to cross the river, and all transportation inside the EXPO are free, but the ticket of entry is about US$ 20.
All access to pavilion in EXPO are free, but there are so many, but so many people, the score was more than 1 million people per day, the queue was always very long for the interesting pavilion, like Japan, Germany, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, China and etc. And every pavilion had a VIP entrance for deficient, elderly and own citizen, so we could get in to Brazil pavilion by VIP entrance, Brazil basically show about the soccer and tourism, but in my opinion Brazil should show more their technology.
I went to EXPO 4 times, but probably I didn't see 10 % of the things there, that is really huge, so many thing to see, and also too much people, gosh! That is China, People's Republic.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb