I was Awake at 3AM,4AM,5AM etc.. 12 Hour Difference


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
October 27th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leaving ShanghaiLeaving ShanghaiLeaving Shanghai

On our way to Zhoupuzhen
Jetlaaaaaaag........So the day started off by finding out a couple of people whom we know had an emergency landing in Winnipeg on there way here. The Arrived last night. (Smoke in the cockpit). Not a good way to begin the trip.
We were greeted by our Tourguide and sure enough, the bus could hold 30 people but we were 6. Out of season or its just the way things are done. We promptly went to Zhoupuzhen to visit a small area that resembles the style of Venice. took a little skiff on the water and were treated with the lifestyle of the former ages. it was cold on the water, so we were budled up.The highlight of our day was lunch or so I thought..... read on.....

We decided we would go and eat "hairy crab" for those of you who do not know about hairy crab it is a delicacy. An ugly one. taste is amazing and it lingers in you mouth. I can still tate it this morning. I should brush again. The lingering taste is the yellow paste from the males. These crabs are extremely small and one cannot get a mouthful. The cost in HongKong in season upwards of 100 $ Cdn. Of course we did not pay that price. we paid...

We toured old Shanhgai next. Narrow streets, interesting buildings, street hawkers, and the like. Since it was dark out we had a taste of the ambiance of the times. NOT!!!!! They spoiled it with electric lights.

It sounds like I complain. I do not look fo faults, I love it here. Different perspective. Let me give you an example. We went to a traditional Shaghai restaurant for supper. Un beknownst to us, there was a minimum charge of 300$ RMB per person. So we order our food and wait, and wait, and wait. No food. Hmmmmm.. We call the waiter and we were told that we would not be seved until we order the minimum of 300 $!!! Because we were hungary and ow cranky our guide got alittle upset with the waiter, but to no avail, we had to increase our order. So after a 10 min discussion between us we came up with other dishes. Well I am still stuffed right now. I could use a diet. Oh right , breakfast is free at the hotel. Gotta go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

OopsOops
Oops

I was shocked that this happened as I was passing by
A sweet gentle manA sweet gentle man
A sweet gentle man

This guy wanted me to take his picture. His smile lit up when I asked if I could take his picture.
Chinese VeniceChinese Venice
Chinese Venice

We were only missing the singing.
Hairy crabHairy crab
Hairy crab

Small and tasty. Flavor stays in your mouth til mornin'
Old ShanghaiOld Shanghai
Old Shanghai

Amazing
Tried to capture some softnessTried to capture some softness
Tried to capture some softness

No time to setup the shot. We were leaving.


Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb