Drinking and eating time


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 23rd 2008
Published: November 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

DrinksDrinksDrinks

a very good substitute for my usual coffee milk fix
Coming to China i had expected little Western food but surprise surprise, there seems to be a non Asian food outlet on every corner in the middle of the commercial centre of Shanghai as well as in the area where the expats live.

While i was on my big 40 minute one way bike ride to Carrefor, which is a French supermarket chain to get some basic supplies not available locally, i passed the usual KFC, Starbucks and Joe's Pizza.

Last night i ventured out into the area near The Bund and Nanging road, again loads of commercial places found anywhere in the world.

We ate out at Jamaica Blues with cutlery and totally Western food, not too badly priced with a beer and burger and chips at 68 yuan but compared to a bowl of noodles and local beer for 10 yuan you know they are ripping off the foreigners in a big way.

Bought some lovely Argentinian and Chilean wine at Carrefor, quite dear compared to my normal cleanskin prices of $2- $4- but at 35yuan much better than 100- 200 for some of the ones on display.

Found a very good substitute for
DrinksDrinksDrinks

2 precious bottles, wine is very dear here
Wicked Latte Rush coffee milk drinks, and western tea is just as good here. Didn't tea come form China in the first place?

And I have suddenly taken a liking to beer. Taste bed change? different climate? who knows but so far Tiger beer and the local stuff went down very well.
Cheers



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

DrinksDrinks
Drinks

Tiger beer is very nice
DrinksDrinks
Drinks

Western food AND cutlery
DrinksDrinks
Drinks

Good old tea


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb