Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 12th 2008
Published: November 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello!

where do i start with Shanghai....
I will start with our train journey. We got the train from Xi'an to shanghai where we optied for comfort more than price and got oursleves soft sleeper tickets as it was a 20 hour journey. All was going well and we had found our beds easy enough and then 10 or so guys walked past with there hands handcuffed behind there backs being led by plain clothed police officers! They had the room next to us, which at first made me feel a little uneasy and it wasnt until i had done a few 'casual' walks past there room and noticed that they were now chained to their beds that i began to feel more confortable on this now 3:10 to yuma. The journey past easy enough and we soon arrived it shanghai. The hostel we stayed in was great the nicest yet with the most friendly of staff, but the weather was terrible for the whole time we were there it didnt stop raining! The thing is with shanghai that we soon realised it that there is nothing to do! the city looks great but ways to occupy your days you are going to be stuck unless you are there on business that is. But by night its a different story! while playing pool in our hostel we met a guy called alex who was studying in china and a girl (carly) from california, after a bit of chitter chatter it came clear they had travel here to see dj goldie at club bon bon. while to most reading this, dj goldie and bon bons will have gone straight over your heads, but dj goldie happens to be one of my favourite 'musicians' and club bon bon is one of the best clubs in china! (godskitchen back home.) And for only 150 yuen all you can drink, the night went great!
There isnt much else to really say about shanghai, and with the rain there isnt any pictures. But i promise that Hong Kong will prove more interesting!

To Hong Kong!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb