Tour de Xi'an


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

welcome to blog part two! We have been in Xi'an now for two days and we love it. If Beijing is the london of china then Xi'an is the Manchester! The people here are great and really friendly. We got the night train from beijing to xian which took 10 hours which flew by for me and not for jamie as he found it hard to sleep. beijing west train station is epic and initially we thought it might be a struggle to navigate through the masses of people but finding our way to our lounge and train was relatively easy as was finding our hostel in xi'an - bobs guesthouse!

day 1 - when we arrived we put our bags in our dorm then procided to kick jamies ass on ping pong which has been the general trend throughtout our stay. after the 3 sets to love drillin we headed to the city wall which surrounds the city center of xi'an. The weather was good so decided to hire a few bikes and cycle the 14km perimeter on the top of the wall. (proud pops?) The ride was great but the smog that seems to linger over every chinesse city hindered our view. after our tour de xi'an we headed to the muslim quater of the city and had a nice stroll for the rest of the day. We ended the day with a couple of tsingtao beers as standard with our new dutch roommate van nistelrooy.

day 2 - we got up late morning well i did any way jamie was up a good hour before making me feel bad while he did his daily workout. we then head to find the bus that would take us to the terracotta warriors (the 8th wonder of the world- thats two in one week) which are located a good hour away to the east of the city. it was expensive but well worth it we thought as it give us more incite to the history of the region. had another little stroll around and as we write this are again chillin with a couple of tsingtao's.

Tomorrow we have a long 18 hour train to shanghai should be fun.
over and out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th November 2008

Happy holidays!
I'm glad that you're enjoying your travel in China.Is Guilin included in your trip?It's such a beaurtiful place.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb