Shanghai madness, old friends, dali, and haircuts


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
January 2nd 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Shanghai crazy city, like the rest of china so far very easy to be in. First time I've felt crowded though on Nangin Rd. The skyline is fantastic on a clear day, we arrived in fog but got some good pic s after a few days. All about Shanghai is a missmatch, its very green for a city, it has some great colonial art work in banks and hotel foyers along The Bund, then Nanging Rd is lights, lights,lights.
I went to the exhibition centre which has a small scale model of shanghai and the place is huge. It is great place to see old, present and future shangai, wierdly and surreally it had on a middle floor a Dali exhbit Dalis interpretation of Dantes dream, it was very different Dali than I'm used to, there was a few crutches and elogated legs, but mainly watercolours.
Shanghai musuem has an interesting textiles section and an excellent dutch painters and rembrandt exhibit.Again strange.All in all a very cultural day.
Met up with Cath friend from home who lives in shanghai, curry, bars, club and good company. Cath teaches english and a few of her students came out with us, which was cool.
I decided to go and get my haircut as my fringe was way too long.I went to a very small back street shop and took the hairdressers by suprise, they and the one customer in there all were laughing. the guy who cut my hair spoke two important english words shorter and stop. He was quite nervous to start with and very serious then he chilled outand watched tv whilst he cut my hair.i was in there an hour and wash and cut for 2.50 english pounds so finally had a cheaper hair cut than my dad. its cool. check it out in the new year pics when i publish them. Its quite chinese unless i funk it abit, but worth the experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

S6000519S6000519
S6000519

shanghai
S6000518S6000518
S6000518

shanghai
S6000535S6000535
S6000535

shanghai


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb