Yangshuo i loved you!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
January 9th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After shanghai yangshuo was GREEN GREEN GREEN and totally stunning and the most laid back and chilled place i've ever visited. Its a party town- backpackers place which i was worried would be pretentious and yes its is but it does it so well.
New years eve started with comarant fishing, yes wierd for me i know, but its a curious thing, they train cormarants to dive off boats and bring the fish back in their beaks and put in a bucket, they tie a piece of straw round the birds neck not tight but stopps them swallowing the fish.
Then we partied quite hard i must say, had some excellent company and the next day our tour guide said i was a social butterfly. all good and met up with some brits who where really cool.
Chilled out on the first and then had a cycling day, cycled to a cooking school where had most amazing cooking lessons, i cooked, fried vegatble, lotus root in beer sauce which was excellent, stirfried, aubergine and a tofu dish. Two things i miss are cycling and cooking so most excellent day, and i'm sporting a pink bike!!
The country side is spectacular limestone peaks dating back to when the area was underwater. I also climed up to a very high peak and got some wicked views.
It was great cycling in traffic and then in the country side.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb