A few more pics


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 22nd 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We just wanted to add a few more photos. We continue to enjoy Shanghai roaming the streets. Went to the Urban planning museum. The pictures of before and now were amazing, more so since so much of the construction has occurred since 1985. It was also very impressive to see what their plans include for the next 15 years!

In one of our walks we stopped into a very small food vendor on the street. Everything looked great so we began to order by pointing at the various dishes. Oh no, we were to order from the menu in which case she pointed to the large sign on the wall with 8 rows of Chinese charactors...each with a price of 3 to 6 rmb. We can vouch that the first 3 items on the list were delicious!

Wed afternoon we had our first rain shower which has dropped the temp at least 15 degrees, allowing the walking to be much more comfortable.

We fly to Chengdu on Sunday and hope to be able to get our permits and flight to Lhasa within a couple of days.

Oops, added the photos to the earlier journal. In order to see you will need to tog onto that one. It's a learning curve...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.612s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 39; qc: 136; dbt: 0.1528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb