Pearl Tower


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

i cant get a tv signali cant get a tv signali cant get a tv signal

the view from the bottom of the tv tower, i mean the pearl of the orient
Went to the bund to get across to the peral tower through the toursist sightseeing tunnel. What a waste of time and money. It moved so slowly as if its trying to justify the cost(35RMB) and all it had to show you was flashing lights and the odd baloon shaped fish bouncing of the glass sides.
The tower is strange looking and i thought i might as well go and see it while i'm here. Got the tickets easily and headed through the gates. It was quiet, but after walking round three quarters of the base you come across a hidden queque. Waited as it didnt look that bad. 20mins later i finally walked into the building to find 4 different queuesdepending on what ticket you bought. They all weaved in and out and i must have had another 30mins wait till i got to the security checkpoint. Everywhere in Shanghai has them, though most dont seem to be bothering to much for looking for things. Put my bag through the xray machine and walked through the metal dector. Found another queque and was wishing i hadnt bothered.
Finally got into a lift and headed up top. The view was good and i enjoyed looking out across shanghai. Was offered the chance to go up another 30ft for 20RMB, but i declined. What can see you up there that i couldnt see from where i was.
Headed down to the bottom obsservation point and it was beginging to get dark. The cities flashing neon lights started to come on and i stayed a while to watch. It was almost worth the wait and hassle to see it. On my way out the queque's were still as bad. They must make a fortune with the number of people that visit. Went to a resturant nearby afterwards as i was starving. Found out it was a japanese place afterwards. The food was brilliant. I had a squid and cheese thing for starters. Clam noodles for the main course and a dessert called ice mountain. The ice mountain was superb and almost everyday since i have bought it. Going to open a cafe when i get back and make a fortune selling it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.051s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb