Cruising or are we?


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
April 1st 2018
Published: April 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Early breakfast and off touring, our last day in Shanghai. We walked into old China town and admired the buildings and structures that have stood the test of time standing near row upon row of apartment buildings. Thousands of them that can cost the local people upwards of $ million! Average 2 bedroom one bathroom kitchen and living room.

The past saw a one child policy and it must be a boy. These days families can have two children and they hope for girls because the boys family has to pay the deposit on the apartment of some $40000.

Back to the hotel to pack, hmm first email, ship delayed by fog. Stay tuned!

So with this news Cheryle and I headed to the markets for more crap shopping?

Several more emails, ship's arrival delayed, don't come on board till 8.30pm!

Thankfully our hotel allowed us late check out but out pick up was coming at 4pm and couldn't be changed so we decided we would go as planned and just take our chances

A good decision as it turned out, lots of people did the same thing so the company took our luggage which was our main problem processed us, then gave a $50 credit to everyone's account..

They put us on a bus and took us to another hotel, very large, gave us an interesting dinner especially for a vegetarian! No one really knew what they were eating but a great experience and we saw another part of Shangai,tree lined streets and beautiful manicured gardens.

finally we were taken back to the ship and permitted to board, I felt sorry for the people getting off the ship at that time, they must have missed their flights..

We finally were in our cabin and the ship sailed about 1am,so the sail away party was non existent

But at least we were away, as the fog started coming in again.

Off on our adventure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb