Beautiful South Korea and Cherry Blossoms


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
April 3rd 2018
Published: April 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We can all pack up and go home now! We have seen the most magnificent blossoms in South Korea, avenue upon avenue of beautiful white and magnificent pink blossoms. It seems the slightest wind or a few rain drops falling and they are done until next flowering season.

The time is Korea was no where near enough in order to see the beautiful country side, we were on a tour for about 12 hours so stuffed by the time we arrived back at the ship.

Firstly we had a long drive to see a rice cake museum, yes a museum dedicated to rice cakes, but it was so interesting to see the big part that these delicious cakes take in the Chinese culture. For example when a baby turns on a celebration cake is made, one of many layers but mostly white so that the baby will have a pure and healthy life, inside the white cake and the inside is packed with books or sports equipment if the baby selects a book he will be a scholar if he/she chooses a piece of equipment they will be a sporting star very sweet custom.

We then had the opportunity to make our own rice cakes at the tourist centre with a professor of food technology. Tony and I had a breakdown in communication and didn't add water to the green tea powder so ours after steaming for 15min failed to cook properly, we had everyone perplexed as to why ours tasted so bad ?

The ship is a good size, starting to show her age but still spotlessly clean and has some of the bells and whistles of the more modern ships that we have been on recently. We are currently somewhere between Korea and the China coast closing in on Beijing. Tomorrow we arrive in Beijing and we are going to see the summer palace and hopefully some panda bears.

It is getting foggy and very cold outside and the see is rough



Lots of love

Me xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb