We've Arrived


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Jing An
March 17th 2008
Published: March 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I spent most of the plane ride practicing "Where is the toilet" and "I need to vomit. Stop" (Ting. Ting. Ting. Ting). My seatmate, Teri, was from Hong Kong though she now lives in Vancouver and goes to Shanghai for business (computer games) quite often.

6 = Y 7= L 8= R 9 = X for the sign language junkies these are the signs for some numbers.

The airport had an underlying, lingering, pervasive smell of smoke. No, it's not the police cars on fire in Lhasa, it's cigarette smoke. I forgot that people can (and do) smoke everywhere.

The airport is in Pudong (which is also the business and new development part of the city). "Pu" is the name of the river and "dong" means east -- though Tyson had us laughing in the back of the bus when under his breath he muttered, "and it does stink".

Q: What is the city bird of Shanghai?
A: The crane!! (because of all the construction, mom).


It is Monday -- Happy Saint Paddy's day!!! The gang is off to the Pearl Tower - been there last time so I am off walking to the Jing An Temple and then taking the subway east. "East" - that's good enough for me.

Cheers.

Cindy


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb