Sunday January 6


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

One of Ben's students came over this afternoon and played Guitar Hero and he's doing pretty well. Eric they boy we tutor came over as well and he did some reading and I'm thinking about getting a kids movie to watch with him for next time. I'm thinking about doing that with my classes as well.

We had a really bad evening here. We went to the shopping mall to pick up some stuff and on the way home we took a taxi like we always do and it's 6 yuan from the mall to our apartment. The lowest bill Ben had was 20 yuan so we gave that to him and he tried to only give us 2 yuan back. So, Ben was trying to show him with his hands that we should be getting 14 yuan back, not 2 yuan. He was refusing, so Ben went to call Mr. Yang to ask for help...so he finally gave us the correct change. But that's not the horrible part....

Ben lost his wallet! He thinks it may be in the backseat of the cab! The worst part is we had $700 US dollars in there that we're supposed to send to you for bills and to pay you back a bit. Also, some yuan (about 220), all of Ben's ID (driver's license, health card, SIN card, Canadian citizenship card, debit card). Over half of our month's salary is gone now.

Ben called Mr. Yang and he called the police and gave a description of the driver...but chances are slim to none that we will get it back (considering 700 US dollars is like 4900 yuan which is almost triple what most people make here!). They're giving us an advance on our pay so we'll be able to have money since we're not supposed to get paid again for another two weeks.

We doubt that we will get the wallet and money back since the guy was trying to rip us off. He just got a huge payday with Ben's wallet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb