Monday December 31


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today Funny, Sky, Jay, and Shawn came over again. Ben took everyone but Sky to a place down the street to pick up some lunch for everyone and bring it back to the apartment. We got this stuff that kind of looks and tastes like spaghetti...pretty good.

We decided to watch Wedding Crashers and I forgot how bad the language was in that movie. So, I had to explain what these cuss words meant and I made sure to remind them not to say these words to anyone. They thought it was a funny movie though. Everyone was pretty tired afterwards (the boys played basketball at school while we stayed home and just chatted) so everyone went back home.

One of the English teachers called us to say we would be going out for dinner at 5:30pm and then go to KTV (karaoke lounge) afterwards with a few teachers and a former student who is now an English major at a university in Shanghai. The dinner was actually very good, traditional Chinese food...probably the best we've had (other than Hot Pot). We went to a KTV place after (theres tons of them around the downtown area) and Jay and his family (his father is also a teacher at the school) were at the same KTV as us. So we visited them as well in their party room. We sang songs in both rooms, had some beer and wine (the drink red wine mixed with Sprite, kind of good 😊) and went home a bit before midnight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb