Nice trip to Zhangjiajie 4


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Zhangjiajie
September 25th 2010
Published: September 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Tianmen Mountain 0 secs
The last day of our trip was the highlight and hustle.

We managed to climb to the top of Tianmen Mountain. Hey, wait a minute, do not be confused with the the name of the mountain with Tiananmen Square, which is located in the capital of China, Beijing. Tianmen Mountain is a natural mountain in Zhangjiajie, and the reason it is special is that it has a natural hole in the middle of the mountain, looks like a gate to the heaven, hence its name Tianmen Mountain. Tian means Heaven, Men means gate.

Well, it is no easy task to get to the top of the mountain and stand at the base of the gate. First of all, you need to be brave enough to take the highest cable car in China. Looking down from the cable car, you get a feeling of staying in the cloud. Many of my fellow colleagues were so scared that they hold the arm of their neighbor with their neighbor's T-shirt wrinkled, even worse, some arms are spotted with blood dots. Can you do this?

Secondly, you will also need to have a good shape and energetic enough to climb the so-called 999 steps after you finished the cable car ride. Tell you a secret, it is only 888 steps, one of my friends counted them when going down. We all made it and got sweating all over us.

When we got to the top of the mountain, we also visited temple on top of the mountain, where it is supposed to be the place for Li Na to become a Buddhist, one of the Chinese singers. She was not there, of course. We only visited the temple and a villa the government was building for her. Some said she is not in the US. Who knows and Who cares where she is.

Also on top of the mountain not far from Li Na's villa, we saw many red ribbons with word on it. We were told by the local guide that these were made by the tourists to fulfill their wish. I did not make it, as I believe in myself. Only if you do, and persist in doing, you will get the result.

Hope you will come to Zhangjiajie some day to enjoy the beautiful scenery!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb