At least I'm a VIP somewhere


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
March 21st 2011
Published: March 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Club 16 secs
2: Chick "singing" Kesha 27 secs
Well this weekend was super low key so this blog is going to very short. I think most people stayed in and took it easy; a lot of the staff, including me, were really sick last week. I've had the worst allergies for the last 3 weeks which has, at times, made my asthma act up. It was really bad last week, to the point were I couldn't walk more than 10 steps with out feeling like I was going to pass out. After a few days of that I decided I should probably go to the doctor. There are a bunch of hospitals here but most of the staff go to a French one, because they speak English well, so that was the one I went to. After a short cab ride, that was actually very pretty, I arrived at the hospital not really sure what to do or where to go. I found a kiosk and showed the lady my insurance card and did the "I don't know what to do" sign and she took me to the right place. It turns out that I have excellent insurance here and because of that I am considered a VIP. I got to wait in my own room, instead of the waiting room, for my own nurse. After about 5 minutes the nurse came and escorted me to the doctor. I got to cut in line and only had to wait about 10 minutes to see the doctor. The doctor couldn't speak any English so the nurse did all the translating. Well, he could actually speak enough English to comment on how ridiculous it is that I'm Canadian but can't speak French...he was very disappointed in me. After a quick exam, he prescribed me some medication which the nurse then went and got for me. I was really nervous that I would have to have an IV because apparently that's what they do here instead of pills, but luckily I got some regular antibiotics and an awesome inhaler that instantly made breathing easier. I never did find out what I had but I think it was bronchitis. I feel much better now and one good thing that came out of being sick is that I haven't smoked in a week so hopefully I can keep that up.

These are the pictures from the club we went to a couple weeks ago.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



21st March 2011

being sick in a foreign country
well it sounds like your experience was a lot better then some people who get sick far away from home. we are so glad that you feel better. Nana'a move was a great success! nana says she feels like she is in a new country too- maybe she should start a blog- HA HA. Any miss you lots!!
21st March 2011

I KNOW! When you are in other countries and you say your Canadian but can't speak french they are always disappointed! I am glad you are feeling better and didn't have to go to some shady dive for treatment!
22nd March 2011

Hi Megan
Hope your feeling better!!! Next time you see that dr. tell him you are from western canada NOT quebec. The nerve of some people!!! Hope all is going well for you so far. Looks like you are making friends and having a social life. It's my turn this weekend to go help nana and get her place cleaned out. Nothing new here just watching the rain and hope I can get to Saskatoon on thurs. I look forward to your blogs. Take care, Auntie Karen

Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.4008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb