Romeo and Juliet at Maple Leaf


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
May 29th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: EAF1 52 secs
2: EAF2 113 secs
brochurebrochurebrochure

My first Chinese project. The other side is English.
Well, the school year is winding down and summer is approaching once again. It is hard to believe we have been in China for 2 and 1/2 years. In another month or so, we will be heading back to Canada and the US for a few weeks and then back to China the end of July.

This week, the English Arts Festival took place at the school. It is a showcase of English poetry reading, singing, and short skits that ends with our annual major theatre production. This year the students performed a contemporary version of Romeo and Juliet. The finalists of the EAF put on a great performance before the play to the enjoyment of all of us. It is hard to believe the kids can take on a play like Romeo and Juliet when you think that English is their second language, much of which has been learned in the last three or four years. But once again, they all shone through on stage and rose to the occasion.

This year, Nancy and I did not get involved for the first time in three years. My only contribution was the brochure, which I have to admit was my first Chinese/English desktop publishing project!

Our own social life continues... Last night, we had a great steak dinner at a fairly new Aussie restaurant nearby, sangs our hearts out at a new karaoke bar, and partied into the night listening to our good friend's band, Man Made Lake, who headlined at VOX. Life is good!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb