Hong Kong (kung hei fat choi)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan
February 8th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it.... We missed the Ferry from Victoria BC Canada to Vancouver due to weather and high winds so we caught a taxi to the Victoria airport with a nice lady named Tara that was on her way to Las Vegas. We ended up paying about $270 CAD for two tickets to Vancouver where we connected to our Hong Kong flight. We were luck enough to get four seats in a row so (we) could get some sleep. Sindy managed to get about 5 hours and I got about 15 minutes... Don't think I will ever want to watch 6 movies back to back again! We had no problem getting from the airport to our hotel via the airport train and then taxi from Kowloon station. Well we then arrived at our (hotel/hostel/prison)...not the best looking place at night, full of guys from all over the globe trying to hustle you into thier hostel as there are about 12 in the Chung King Mansion where we were staying. We picked the (lucky hostel) after the initial culture shock we realized that the place had been fully renovated and everything was new. The room is only about 230 sq feet and is comparable to a cruise ship, or so we told ourselves. It is very central and close to everything you need. We got up in the morning and went looking for breakfast which we found next door at the Holiday Inn, the down stairs at the hostel is far less intimidating during the day. We walk around the Kowloon park and the Harbour for a few hours then it was time to go for a beer at the Irish pub next to the hostel we were staying. We met a nice guy from N.Carolina that has been living here for 3 months and just happened to be the VP of Asia recoveries for the Bank of America. We had a little in common so we talked a little business over 4 pints or so, then we went for lunch. We decideded to go for lunch at a little hole in the wall restaurant were the waitress (with a bad cold or bird flu?) tried to charge us 3 times what the bill should have been. We tried to point it out to here and she became quite rude claiming it was because of Chineese new year. We waited a while paid what we should have been charged plus a good tip and walked out. We got about a block and a half then heard the waiter and a cook calling out behind us...sir,sir you (something in chineese) we both just kept repeating no thankyou, no thankyou and kept walking. They followed for about 1/2 a block then I turned and asked if they would like to involve the police... They turned around and left us alone immediatly. We then went back to the hostel and proceeded to sleep fpr 14 hours (1st time in my life) regular thing for Sindy. We are going to watch the fireworks tonight and will be updating some pictures soon....

Advertisement



8th February 2008

happy new year fat choi
you are among the wonderers of this time and space that i seem to be priveledge to share blog adventures with. Thank you for your support in the creative vein and ...yes I will definitely continue my creative persuits. Safe travels and send post those pics!!!!
8th February 2008

Cool Guys
Awesome post. What a great time you two will have. Keep posting.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb