Last day in Yangshuo.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
December 28th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We're finally packed and ready to leave Yangshuo. The area here has been extremely rewarding but, after six nights, we're definitely ready to leave.

Yesterday we took a small bus (it was more like a minivan with 14 people inside) to the nearby village of Fuli. Driving through on the main road you'd think it was a typical Chinese small town... a few stores, a few mechanics and a gas station.

We walked off the main road through a market where we saw typical wares being sold, vegetables, clothing and toys and all kinds of meat. Meat that is still alive and in cages to meat that is perfectly separated so you can pick which portion to purchase, and literally all the in between stages of those.

From there we found our way down some cobblestone roads to the neighborhood of some artisans. Fuli is known for it's beautiful handmade fans. There were also some amazing paintings on display in home/galleries.

We found ourselves on the Li River again where a number of water buffalo were grazing. One had gotten loose and a farmer was having a hard time herding it back to pasture with the others. It was fun to watch and nice to be in such a peaceful place.

We've checked out of our great hostel here and are left to bum around Yangshuo until 22:30 (10:30pm) when our bus leaves. It's a seven hour bus ride to Guangzhou where we'll explore and hopefully enjoy some of the world famous Cantonese food. The bus is a sleeper bus and there are three rows of bunks, each two high. Sure as shit beats Greyhound!

Talk to you again Guangzhou!

More photos at http://www.flickr.com/norajhess


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb