Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
December 10th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had to leave quite early today to get the airport by bus. After security and check in we bought some spicy noodles and gobbled them up waiting for our flight. There was a short delay but no too bad.
The flight was good, only two and a half hours, the inflight food was better, even better knowing what to expect when it came to our table! Rice, meat, a roll, and desert, good!!
When we arrived in Guilin we had to get a packed shuttle bus with our bags practically on my lap and in the corridor(no health and safety here). The bus dumped us in the middle of Guilin and not where it was supposed to be either, with some difficulty we invested some time and finally managed to explain to a taxi driver to take us to the bus station with our useless phrasebook(thanks Lonely planet)! The taxi driver dropped us over the road from the station and crossing the road was a nightmare, even worse as Laura thought if she stood there and waited nicely then someone would let her cross; DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT, you just have to run and if you get hit just make sure you dont fall!!
After some timely confussion we managed to get on our bus heading to Yangshuo, it only took an hour and half and most of my nerves as the bus driver seemed to be playing chicken all the way. By now it was about 7 and the whole day had gone, after a wander and several lift offers on the back of random guys motorbikes, we found West street; a very cool street full of shops, outside stalls, magicians, with little side streets with more cool things going on, Yangshuo already looked like a wise choice.
Our hostel was up a tiny little side alley and after check in we unpacked and head to their rooftop bar, you could see that we were surrounded by 'Karsts' that were lit up, like giant stacks of mountains, very cool.
We met all the other backpackers and JC, who worked there, had some beers then head to 'Bar 98' for more and more beers.
When the bar closed we went for snacks, a variety of things on sticks all cooked fresh for you, we had pumpkin, bhaji type things, and a pigs penis stretched onto a stick, it was very spicy but goooood!! It was about 5am and time for bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb