Yangshou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
January 24th 2009
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Days 69 - 71 - Yangshou

Day 1
Yangshou is a beautiful town away from the city of Guilin and has really great scenery. The place is a little touristy cus of the Li River but that does not spoil it in anyway. Today we went on a 5 hour bike ride around Yulong River where you get to see the real China by going through little villages and seeing loads of mountains. The views are amazing hear and Ceri and I done a big cycle around the mountains and the little villages this was not planned but we got lost and ended up back in Yangshou main town just as it got dark. I am quiet surprise how fit I am after riding a bike for 5 hours I am not feeling tired but no doubt will feel it more tomorrow.

Day 2
I am not feeling the after effects of the bike so Ceri and I went to hire the bikes again. This time we road to Moon hill and climbed to what we though was the top which is where you are underneath the moon. It was 1200 steps to the top but once there we met a few guys/girls from England, Canada and America and they told us we can climb right on top of the moon rock so off we went. The views from on top of them moon are breath taking it's hard to see from photos but it is amazing views.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb