Guilin


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
January 25th 2009
Published: January 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 68 and Day 73 - Guilin

Guilin is a busy city in China which is famous for it's rice fields. We are staying in the city at a nice hostel called Xiao Yang Lou International Youth Hostel, which is right by a river. Guilin City has some nice parks and scenic places to see. We started at Solitary Beauty Peak which was a nice park where if you climb the peak you get a nice view of the city it's self which will be posted on one of the pictures on the blog. At the foot of the peak is the 14th century Wang Cheng a place built by the nephew of the Ming Emperor. At night we walked around the 2 lakes Rong Hu and Shan Hu which was peaceful and has 2 towers in the middle and for the life of me I cannot remember the names at the mo lol, but look really nice in the middle of the lakes lit up like a Christmas tree lol.

Day 2 Guilin - After Yungshou
To day we went to Reed flute caves which was quiet a cool cave but like when in South Africa there only so much rocks I can look at lol. They seem to give each formation a name such as Crystal Palace, Dragon Pagoda, Virgin Forest, Flower and Fruit Mountain and other names. Crystal palace was the best formation and you could see the caves reflection in the water which look rather cool, looks almost like the rocks are in the water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb