Yangshuo & Longji River Terraces


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hotel No 11Hotel No 11Hotel No 11

Fawlty towers
Yangshuo
Did anyone see the TV programme with Paul Merton in China, i think it was on TV last year? Well the hostel we stayed in was called Fawlty Towers and Paul Merton came here to visit becuase of the name and our little reception man was on TV with him, it was such a friendly hostel.

This town was very much for the tourists but such an amazing place the scenery was breath taking with all the limestone karst around the edges of the town. We went on a Li River Cruise which turned out to be sooo much fun, we caught a local bus, no one could speak a work of english, got dropped off which looked like the middle of no where, then a lady met us and walked us through a really old back street to the river where we could either walk 40mins or catch a golf buggy, which was like a fair ground ride, two wheels around the corners then the river cruise and again the scenery was stunning.

The next day we travelled out 5kms from the town to a sweet little wooden guest house, Stu and I were sorting our bags out when i looked up on the wall, there was the LARGEST SPIDER both of us and everyone else on the tour had ever seen, it wasnt just a small body with long thin legs it was FAT and BLACK and HAIRY, OMG i have never swore and run so fast in my life, even Stu ran out to get a staff member to help, a girl came back with a pair of scissors or something like that and hit it, i came back and Stu said its gone, so of couse i carried on with my bag as it popped its hairy legs up the wall again, I wasnt a happy bunny, so Stu got his shoe and killed it, phew!

We hired bikes and went on a bike around the local area and to Moon Hill, the heavens opened but it was great fun.

Longji Rice Terraces
We caught the bus to the base of the terraces, from there was around an hours walk up to our guest house, it was sooo hot, luckly we didnt have our main bags we had stored them at the train station for when we come back, there was nothing to do in the evening so two early night, great for me :-)
Again the scenery was great, and it was nice to see how people really live this far out away from any town or cities! The next day we did a 5hr walk/hike around the terraces to our next location.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Massive Spider (Dead)Massive Spider (Dead)
Massive Spider (Dead)

Stu's sandel did the damage!!


25th April 2008

hi
sounds like ur having a fantastic time, so jealous back here going to work every day. xx

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb