Hong Kong - Kowloon


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hotel No 15 - HKHotel No 15 - HKHotel No 15 - HK

west Hotel, was very nice!
We arrived in Hong Kong on Sunday 20th April, where we end our STA Roam China tour, we have had such good fun!

Here are some interesting facts for you.........HK has a population of 7million, HK returned to China on 1st July 1997, HK divided into 3 regions - HK Island, Kowloon and New Territories. New Territories includes 235 outlaying islands.

We went to see the BIG BUDDHA on Lantau Island, which took 10 years to build and its made out of Bronze. 268 steps up, very impressive and the views were pretty good aswell, we also did a short walk for more views and the wisdom polls. After here we caught the tube to HK island to Victoria Peak for more impressive views in the day light and stayed up there until the lights came on. Its def a breath taking view, much nicer at night! - the pics will explain!

On the way back to Kowloon by the star ferry we caught Light show, which happens every night and we had a nice clear night for it!

Drinking in HK is expensive, drinks were the same price or even more as the UK which isnt
Last SupperLast SupperLast Supper

This was our last meal with the Roam china crew - a nice ruby murry!
good when we have been in china and you can get a beer for 35p!! so we had a detox in HK, which isnt a bad thing for Stu - ha ha!! - his not here while i am typing this!

Ocean Park is a theme park and the day we went was sooooo hot and humid, Stu loved it, as he was with 6 young girls! we did the rides, log flume to cool down and saw the resident Pandas, but we are sure it was men dressed up! They were really cute.

Ned Kellys bar to see a Jazz band and to meet up with a bloke we met in Yangshuo.

Every Wednesday the Museums are free, so of course we took this up, we did the space, science and history - all very educating!

We went to the Happy Valley Races, it was a good night, Stu wasnt a happy bunny, no winners for him this time!!
We visited the longest escalator in the world, which we must say was very long!
HK Botanical Garden - where they have monkeys, the cages were pretty small but they looked happy enough and most had
Lacey our tour guideLacey our tour guideLacey our tour guide

we had given her a card and money to say thanks, bless her!
new born. and HK Park had a very large walk through aviary and pretty plants and a waterfall.

We left for Baihai on Friday 25th April by express train then over night hard sleeper (13hrs) and bus for 2.5 hrs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lisa and KimLisa and Kim
Lisa and Kim

Irish Bar, could only afford one drink in here!
Girly DrinkGirly Drink
Girly Drink

Swainey does this match your cocktail in Malta!
Hotel No 16Hotel No 16
Hotel No 16

Dont ask, it was such a strange set up
No 16 BathroomNo 16 Bathroom
No 16 Bathroom

Lisa couldnt touch the floor when sitting onthe loo! nice thought for you all!


30th April 2008

bonjour
hi lisa and stu sounds like youre having fun love sy bon oliver
30th April 2008

photos
Ravi - you need to be re introduced to a razor!!!! you look like a member of one of those dodgy bands you are into!! ps - loving that photo of the seafood - right up my strasse!!!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb